Some people complained that my last post contained too much text… I’ll make this shorter :-)
A week ago I asked you to help me find a name for a project I am working on. The project is a library of tools for writing secure multi-party computations in Python, and thus I have been calling it PySMPC until now. But since the project might one day be rewritten in another language, I would prefer to have another name.
Tord, Dan and Chris suggested new names, and including the ones I had come up with myself, we now have (in alphabetical order):
- AMPC: Asynchronous Multi-Party Computation, 1 vote
- DTTP: Distributed Trusted Third Party, 1 vote
- Jokke: no idea what that would mean, but Rune votes for it. 1 vote
- NoTTP: No Trusted Third Party
- PEBLE: Paranoid Economy Benchmarking Liability Elimination
- SMPC: Secure Multi-Party Computation, 2 votes
- smpacman: secure multi-party comp. manager, 1 vote
- VIFF: Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework, 3 votes (give or take an ∞ or two…)
Please vote for your favorite name (multiple votes are okay) by leaving a comment.