This is a tutorial on basic PHP. I wrote it because I wanted to give something back to the OpenSource community. PHP is free, and this is my little way of saying thanks!
The tutorial is aimed at users who have no previous experience with programming in PHP or any other programming language. But there’s no guarantee that this goal has been reached. It’s very likely that there are places where the user is assumed to know things he or she won’t know at this point of learning PHP.
I wrote this tutorial after having used PHP for quite some time. Because of that, some sections of the tutorial might be difficult to understand — it’s hard to remember afterwards how difficult things were. So if you have any problems with parts of the tutorial, then please leave a comment with your advice.
- Introduction gives you a quick introduction to PHP.
- PHP Basics shows you the first actual PHP code.
- Variables describes how variables work in PHP.
- Control Structures explains the control-structures in PHP.
- Functions deals with grouping the code into functions.
- Links has links to more information about PHP.